March 6, 2010

This is more about me, and part of why I called this blog "I once was someone else."

I was relinquished at birth and spent 9 months in 3 different foster homes before finally being placed with the parents that raised me. They told me I was adopted on my 10th birthday. They passed away shortly after I graduated from college. After their deaths I searched for and found my biological/birth/first parents and extended family members. We have been in reunion for 20 years.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what having a different name - Holly - for the first nine months of my life, having different caregivers, and different parents means for me. How has that/does that affect me? My own parenting? My other relationships?

2 comments:

  1. Do you know why you were in foster care for nine months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post..drop by sometime.Good wishes.....

    ReplyDelete